Sunday, July 08, 2007

Well life here has been turned upside down. Hence the long time since our last post. 3 weeks ago I broke my right arm. So I am plunking this out one key at a time with my left hand. So I am sure this will be a short post because my patience is short. To make a long story short I was out helping Sydney ride her bike I was running next to her and just as I let go of the seat she turned her handlebars and I gracefully went over the wheel. A quick trip to the ER found out I that I had broke and dislocated a piece of my humerus (my elbow) and I needed surgery to have it fixed. So they put a splint on it and told us to call the surgeon the next day. When we called we found out it was an unusual break and no one would or could do the surgery. After calling every orthopedic surgeon from Logan to Springville we did finally found a trauma surgeon and I had surgery a week later. After a 2 day stay in the hospital and lots of morphine. I was back home but I have to be in a splint and have keep my arm immobile for a total of 4 weeks. A very hard thing to do with 4 kids especially J. It has been hard not to be able to hold him and take care of him. JD has been wonderful to pick up the slack. My mom came for a week and a half and my sisters have came to take care of us also. Thanks so much everyone! Here are the pics I still can't look at them they make me sick!

2 comments:

Heather said...

Chritsy, I am so sorry! You poor thing, I can' imagine being so immobile and trying to deal with the kids! Hang in there!

Heather said...

Hey guys! Steve really wants to call JD. Email him at seven.empey@solvay.com He wants to catch up.